The term black mold is used to describe a variety of mold that can be found in the environment and indoors. The reason it is commonly known as ‘black’ is that it looks black and has a black color. It can also look like brown, white, reddish, yellow or even blue. This is often the first sign of a health problem in people.
Many people do not realise that they have black mold. Some of the signs are similar to the symptoms of other illnesses such as common colds. This is one of the reasons why it is important to check for symptoms. If you are concerned about having this type of mold in your home or workplace then you should seek out a specialist.
Black mold growth occurs when there is an increased humidity in a house or room. The increased humidity causes the mold spores to multiply rapidly. It is normally found in damp areas such as basements, attics and bathrooms. These types of rooms are ideal breeding grounds and places where the growth of black mold can thrive. One of the reasons why these conditions are so conducive to this type of mold is the fact that it likes to be warm and moist, which is why the moisture levels are often high.
It is usually easy to spot the first signs of mold growth. Symptoms of black mold include a foul smell and mildew in the room. Sometimes it can also produce a thin, yellow-green film that develops on the walls. It is also possible for it to grow on furniture.
There is no need to panic if you suspect you have black mold, there are treatments that are available. If you have symptoms of the condition, you should visit a specialist who can give you advice on how to treat it.
A professional mold remediation specialist is able to identify whether you have the disease and offer treatments to prevent the spread of the fungus. They may use a vapor extractor, bleach or ultraviolet light to kill the bacteria that cause the problem. In some cases the specialist may recommend the use of a mixture of bleach and water and other cleaning agents to reduce the chance of mold growing again. Another treatment may be recommended for people who have pets in the household. This can help to prevent the spread of spores between people and pets.
Specialist experts can also advise you on the best way to eradicate this type of mould. If you live in an older building then it may be worth contacting an energy auditor. In this instance they will be able to advise you on ways to conserve energy to ensure that it does not spread. in future.
Black mould can be treated at home using common household products. However it is often a good idea to contact a professional who will be able to advise on the best ways to deal with it. You should always make sure that you remove all sources of moisture to stop it growing.
Black mold can also spread from one place to another. It is important to make sure that the areas in your home that come into contact with your family are thoroughly disinfected. You should also use protective equipment to prevent the spreading of spores between people and pets.
Professional companies offering this type of service also offer advice and assistance. They can provide information on ways to avoid contracting this type of disease. They can also help you identify the areas in your home that could be harbouring this type of fungus.
Some companies offer a guarantee that the money you have spent on treating the black mold will never be seen by anyone else. This way they know that if they do not resolve the situation it will not be seen by any other person and the mold is eradicated from the home.
Black mould is a serious issue for everyone that is living in a home that has it. By being proactive about the problem, you can ensure that your family remains safe and you feel at peace in your home. You can prevent the growth of this type of fungus in the future.